In God’s good grace we are looking for a godly, Christ-dependent man to support the Vicar in preaching and leadership of the church. A key part of the role will be to develop and lead a training strategy to equip church members in their ministry.
St John’s Tunbridge Wells is a conservative evangelical church in the Diocese of Rochester, under the oversight of the Bishop of Maidstone.
We are a church family of 430 (350 adults) and offer a warm welcome to those who want to join us on Sundays and mid-week. We are supported by a team of 10 full time and part time staff.
This is a senior ordained appointment with incumbent-level stipend & house.
For more information and to receive an application form, please contact Helen Stone using the form below.
Closing date for applications: 30th April, 2021
Seniors Minister and Care Co-ordinator
The PCC would like to appoint a person to this part time paid post. The role will be an important member of the staff team with responsibility for overseeing St John’s ministry to Seniors. The position will also oversee the co-ordination of our care to the church family, including contact with those in need. Care is principally carried out by small groups, but needs co-ordination across the church family.
Applicants will need to able co-ordinate and lead the regular Seniors meeting, be confident at handling the Bible, and have a caring and compassionate heart.
It is anticipated that the appointment will take effect from August or September 2021, with remuneration set at approximately £8,000 pa. for a 16-hour week.
If you are interested in applying please contact Helen Stone using the form below.
Closing date for applications: 15th April, 2021
We are looking for 1 ministry trainee to come and join our team from September 2021. For over 10 years St John's has run the programme to give people a taste of full-time Christian ministry.
You will be heavily involved in all aspects of church life with the ability to tailor the programme to suit your skills and gifts:
- You will have contact time with our experienced staff team for support and encouragement, including one-to-one Bible study.
- You will attend a ministry training course to develop your Bible handling and teaching skills, hopefully at Cornhill.
- You will be expected to assist with various administrative and practical tasks as required.
- You will have the opportunity to serve in areas including, but not limited to: youth work, children’s work, preaching, pastoral work, music, media, design, website development, and 20s-30s work.
- We will provide you with a training allowance and accommodation close to the church.
You don’t have to be sure what you want to do longer term, but just come willing to learn, serve and get involved!
Please contact Helen Stone using the form below to express your interest.