St John's Tunbridge Wells is a conservative evangelical church in the Diocese of Rochester, England.
Our aim is to know Jesus better and to make Jesus better known.
We are looking for an Assistant Minister
This 3 year role will suit someone, lay or ordained, towards the beginning of their ministry life who:
- is an able Bible preacher and teacher
- has a heart for evangelism, and is able to enthuse and equip others
Start date: Summer 2019
Salary: circa £33k pa
There is a genuine occupational requirement that this role will be filled by a Christian who will teach and uphold the conservative evangelical ethos of the church.
Job description and further details are available from:
or call 01892 540897.
We are looking for 1-2 ministry trainees to come and join our team. For over 10 years St John's has run the programme to give people a taste of full-time Christian ministry.
You will be heavily involved in all aspects of church life with the ability to tailor the programme to suit your skills and gifts:
- You will have contact time with our experienced staff team for support and encouragement, including one-to-one Bible study.
- You will attend a ministry training course to develop your Bible handling and teaching skills, hopefully at Cornhill.
- You will be expected to assist with various administrative and practical tasks as required.
- You will have the opportunity to serve in areas including, but not limited to: youth work, children’s work, preaching, pastoral work, music, media, design, website development, and 20s-30s work.
- We will provide you with a training allowance and accommodation close to the church.
You don’t have to be sure what you want to do longer term, but just come willing to learn, serve and get involved!
Although the academic year has already started, we are still interested in hearing from anyone who would be able to join us for the rest of the year.
Please contact Dick Farr using the form below to express your interest.